About Me

My photo
A menopausal 30 year old, over two years after hysterectomy, struggling with body changes and weight gain.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

No Way Out

I sent my mom an email about my indiegogo account and possibly going to Mexico for gastric bypass.  She was VERY against the idea of medical tourism and told me not to act out of desperation.  I've been desperate for a long time.  Incredibly desperate.  But I generally don't like doing things that my mom is so against, lest I be subject to an array of "I told you so's."  She was avidly against me kick boxing too, and then I hurt my ankle.
I don't have any of my new insurance info yet, since I just got kicked off of COBRA went on Mom's insurance, so I can't take anything over to the bariatric center so they can submit another claim.  If they deny me I'm stuck starting over and putting up with another 6 months to a year of being morbidly obese.  A thirty grand online fundraiser is a lot to ask of people that don't know me or don't know me very well.  So I'll just sit here and bawl.  I don't feel like I have anything to live for.

No comments:

Post a Comment